The Differences between the UNO Cable and X-Connect Cable
You may be wondering what's so different about the UNO cable compared to our older X-Connect range? What improvements have we made? We've decided to list them out for you.
- The UNO cable has a USB-C connector end which is an upgrade from the current USB Type A. This allows a higher power input and output and enables the UNO to be compatible with QC4.0.
- Introduction of an innovative locking mechanism, giving your cable a stronger connection and longer lifespan of up to 40,000 connections.
- Reduced the size of the LED hole by 40% from 1mm (0.04") to 0.6mm (0.02"), which means less ambient light keeping you up at night.
- Part of UNO's internal mold is made out of 9T, which is a more temperature resistant material than LCP plastic found on the X-Connect. This means the cable temperature will remain lower whilst charging.
- The UNO wire thickness has been increased by 20% to handle more charge, bringing QC2.0, 3.0 and 4.0 compatibility.
- The UNO cable introduces an improved anti-fray neck, meaning your cables will have increased durability and less chance of cables fraying or snapping at the most common weak point.
- We've increased the warranty period from the industry standard 1 year to our premium 10 year warranty.
- Each UNO cable set comes with a 1.5m (4.9ft) cable. A 2.5m (8.2ft) cable is also available for purchase separately.
- Each UNO set comes with a bonus tip removal tool allowing you to remove the tip from all your devices with ease.
For those who are already proud owners of the asap X-Connect cable, the beauty of the UNO cable is that it will be 100% backwards compatible with the tips and cables you already own. This allows you to easily incorporate the UNO cable into your arsenal.